- Ensure the rigorous standards of the scientific process by taking part in the peer-review
- Uphold the integrity of the journal by identifying invalid research, and helping to maintain
the quality of the journal.
- Fulfill a sense of obligation to the community and their own area of research.
- Providing a detailed, constructive, and unbiased evaluation in a timely manner on the
scientific content of the work.
- Indicating whether the writing is relevant, concise, and clear and evaluating the originality
as well as scientific accuracy.
- Notifying the journal editor about any financial or personal conflict of interest and
declining to review the manuscript when a possibility of such a conflict exists